The FUNAAB Post UTME registration for 2020 has commenced. All candidates seeking admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta are to carefully read through and follow the guides published below.
This article covers every aspect of the FUNAAB Post UTME registration, which includes:
- Registration Fee.
- Payment methods.
- Cut off Marks for various courses.
- Registration closing date.
- Examination dates.
All candidate seeking admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta FUNAAB should know that this institution is among the best in the country and it is very competitive and involves the following processes:
- Online Admission Application on this website.
- Pre-Admission Screening Exercise (Computer-based) – UTME and DE candidates.
What to Expect?
The institution’s management board has made it clear that all candidates successfully admitted into this academic institution will be required to undergo an intensive ICT Training and Orientation Programme to prepare them for life in FUNAAB.
2020 Admission Procedure.
FUNAAB is currently inviting all candidates seeking undergraduate admission into 100, 200, and 300 Levels in the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) that the registration for the 2020/2021 Pre-Admission Screening Exercise has commenced.
Do take note that applications must be from qualified and eligible candidates who have chosen the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB) as their First Choice of Institution during their 2020 Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) registration.
The school’s admission board requires that all applicants MUST possess minimum entry requirements of five (5) O’Level Credits in relevant subjects at one or two sittings in SSCE/GCE/NECO/NABTEB and fill the results on the FUNAAB portal.
Applicants are also required to go through the institution’s Admission Requirements into respective Degree Programmes before filling the e-application form.
Only candidates who have successfully completed their application before the stipulated deadline will be considered for admission.
All candidates are to make sure that they provide accurate bio-data and academic information when filling the FUNAAB Post UTME registration screening form.
Eligibility for Pre-Admission Screening Exercises.
Applicants should be aware that the pre-Admission screening exercise is a mandatory requirement for both Direct Entry and UTME candidates seeking admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB).
Change of Institution/Course.
The school admission board would love to notify members of the general public that all request for or inquiries about the change of institution/course should be sent to the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB). You can perform the change of institution/course through your JAMB profile account.
FUNAAB Cut off Marks for all Courses.
UTME: Pre-Admission Screening Exercise.
For candidates to be qualified and eligible for the FUNAAB pre-Admission Screening Exercise, candidates must have sat and partake in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and scored a minimum of 180 marks before they can be admitted for the following programmes:
- Agricultural Administration
- Agricultural Economics and Farm Management
- Agricultural Extension and Rural Development
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Physiology,
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Agricultural Administration
- Crop Protection
- Environmental Management and Toxicology
- Forestry and Wildlife Management
- Pasture and Range Management
- Plant Breeding and Seed Technology
- Plant Physiology and Crop Production
- Soil Science and Land Management
- Water Resources Management and Agro-meteorology
While for Candidates seeking admission into any of the courses below, you’re required to score a minimum of 200 marks to stand a chance of getting admitted into the following programmes:
- Biological Sciences
- Computer Science
- Food Science and Technology
- Home Science and Management
- Hospitality and Tourism
- Nutrition and Dietetics
- Agricultural Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Mechatronic Engineering
- Veterinary Medicine
It is important to note here that candidates who chose Biochemistry, Biological Sciences or Microbiology but scored between 180 and 199 may be considered for Agricultural programs if they are interested.
Such candidates are required to fill change of course form on the JAMB portal to be eligible for Agricultural programs consideration.
FUNAAB Post UTME Online Registration.
- The school admission board has announced that all qualified candidates are to access the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta FUNAAB Admission Portal by visiting the website: http://admission.unaab.edu.ng.
- When it opens, proceed and click on “Apply for Admission” and enter your JAMB UTME or JAMB Direct Entry Registration Numbers to generate and print out your Application Invoice. This invoice provides each candidate with their Reference Number and other information. You are then required to pay a non-refundable fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000.00) only, excluding REMITA charges.
- There are two options you can use in paying the FUNAAB Post UTME registration fee. Either via Remita Reference Number or Debit card. Candidates who want to pay via Remita should proceed to any Bank accepting REMITA payment (nationwide) or use their debit card to pay the registration fee using the REMITA Reference Number.
- After making a successful payment, candidates are to proceed to FUNAAB Admission Portal and complete the e-application form with their appropriate details.
- Take note that the Application opens on (yet to be announced date).
- Candidates are required to correctly provide their Bio-data, O’Level results, OND/HND/NCE/A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB results (where applicable), and upload a recent colored passport photograph (which should not be more than 6 months old).
- After you have uploaded all the required details, it’s important to carefully preview and confirm the entries before clicking on the Submit button on the acknowledgment page.
- After submitting the form, the applicant is expected to print out the Application Form displaying their passport photograph and other details.
- However, for candidates who submit wrong details, you can easily correct it. But it comes with a price. Note that correction of wrongly entered data attracts a fee of One Thousand Naira (N1,000) only as penalty and can be effected online not later than the closing date of the application.
- However, after the closing date of the application form, THE FUNAAB ADMISSION BOARD will not be ABLE to correct your data’s anymore. This means that any complaints of wrong Bio-Data, O’Level results, OND/HND/NCE/A-Level/IJMB/JUPEB results or blank picture will not be entertained.
- However, for candidates who up-load faked Bio-Data, O’ Level results and UTME/OND/HND/NCE/A’Level/IJMB/JUPEB results will be automatically disqualified from participating in the screening exercise for admission.
Direct Entry: Pre-Admission Screening Exercise.
While for Direct Entry(D.E) candidates, you are required to have a minimum of Upper-Credit or its equivalent. However, take note that you must have to apply to JAMB for admission into the Federal University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB).
Candidates should ensure that their Academic Transcripts are forwarded to the Registrar, FUNAAB on a soon to be announced date.
Stages of Registration.
All candidates should take note that their application is in various stages.
Stage A (Expression of Interest): Once you visit the Funaab portal and type in your 10-digit JAMB Registration Number, a form is displayed to obtain basic information about you which will be used to generate your Pre-Admission Screening Application Invoice of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000) that excludes the REMITA charges.
Make sure that you print the Invoice and proceed to any Bank accepting REMITA payment (Most Nigerian commercial banks accept Remita payment in the 36 states, including the capital) for payment. To make it easier, you can easily pay Online through your Internet Banking or by using your Debit Card (MasterCard or Visa).
Stage B (Application): The second phase covers everything about you, including your bio-data, photographs, academic records, and/other relevant information are collected over several pages.
It is essential that all candidates make sure that they save each page as you proceed. Note that you can easily log out at any stage of the process and pick up from where you stopped later. On the last page (Acknowledgement Page) you will be required to confirm the accuracy of the information which you’ve supplied.
Before clicking on the “SUBMIT” button, ensure that you carefully review your entered details. Once you’ve submitted the form, take note that you CANNOT readily make any alteration. On submission, print your generated Application Form.