The YSU Post UTME application form for the 2020/2021 academic session is out. Using this medium, I’ll love to notify members of the general public, especially all candidates who selected Yobe State University, as their first choice during their JAMB Registration, that the YSU Post UTME/DE application form is out.
Here’s everything you need to know about the YSU Post UTME and Direct Entry form for the 2020/2021 academic session.
YSU Cut off Marks.
All applicants should note that the YSU cut off mark is 160 – 200, and this totally depends on the course you selected during your JAMB registration.
How to Apply.
All prospective students of the Yobe State University (YSU), should note that the Post UTME and Direct Entry Form for the 2020/2021 academic session are out, and is on sale, from the 13th July 2020.
Though candidates who scored at least 160 are qualified to apply for the Post UTME/DE screening, do note that the cut-off mark is high for some other courses.
YSU Cut-off Marks.
- MBBS (Medicine and Surgery) – 210.
- Physiotherapy – 190.
- Human Anatomy and Human Physiology – 180.
- Biochemistry, Geology, and Microbiology – 180.
- Biology and Computer Science – 170.
- All other YSU Courses – 160.
YSU Post UTME / DE QUALIFICATION.
IMPORTANT NOTE: The Yobe State University management board requires that all candidates willing to participate in the screening must meet the following requirements as listed below:
- Candidates who applied for programs/courses, such as Education Arts, Education Science, Education Social Science, Arabic & Islamic Studies, Sociology & Anthropology, and Biological Science MUST visit the JAMB portal to change it to appropriate courses as indicated below.
- Candidates who have not met the required cut-off marks for the programs they chose as their first choice but have the appropriate scores to change to other relevant programs must visit the JAMB portal to do so.
- The school requires all applicants seeking admission into YSU, to have made Yobe State University as their 1st choice and have scored the minimum required cut-off marks for the Departments they applied (see the YSU cut off marks for all courses displayed above).
- B.A (Ed) Arabic/English/Hausa/History/ Islamic Studies, instead of Education Arts;
- B.Sc (Ed) Biology/Chemistry/Mathematics/Physics, instead of Education Science;
- B.Sc (Ed) Economics/Geography/Business Education, instead of Social Science Education;
- B.A Arabic Studies or Islamic Studies, instead of Arabic and Islamic Studies;
- B.Sc Biology instead of Biological Science which is the nomenclature of the department, but the program is Biology; and
- B.Sc Sociology instead of Sociology & Anthropology.
Post UTME/DE Registration.
All candidates who meet the above requirements are eligible to apply for the YSU Post UTME/DE screening, using the guidelines below.
- Step 1: Visit https://ysu.edu.ng/utme/utme2020/login.php.
- Step 2: Click on “Click here to create new account“, there are different links for UTME and DE candidates. You need to click either on “Create new account” or “Create new account for convert from UTME to DE”.
- Step 3: Next, you need to type in your JAMB Registration number, email, and phone number in the space provided.
- Step 4: The portal will generate an RRR code for payment of the YSU Screening form. You may wish to continue and pay online with your DEBIT/ATM card or download the slip and pay at any commercial bank branch near you.
- Step 5: After payment, go back to ysu.edu.ng/putme login page and login with your jamb registration number and RRR code.
- Step 5: After successfully logging in, you will see the following icons; bio-data, SSCE Result, A-level result, Programme of Study, documents upload, and Finalize Application.
Click on each of the icons and provide relevant information as required of you.
- Step 6: Step 6: Download Acknowledgement slip.
Important Message for all Candidates.
Need Help? You can contact the school officials through their Mobile.
07030615772 (This mobile phone number is for WhatsApp only).
Remita Retrieval Reference Number (RRR) is a 12-digit code that is generated electronically on this Portal and it is the only code for making application processing fee payment.
- The school admission board has warned that any candidates who have not met the required cut-off marks for the programs they chose as their first choices but have the appropriate scores to change to other relevant programs, should visit the JAMB portal to do so.
- The YSU admission office requires all candidates with awaiting A’ level and O’ level result (that is, candidates who did not upload their 0’level result during UTME/DE registration), to upload it to the JAMB admission portal for admission consideration.
- Finally, take note that YOU MUST ENSURE that all information you provide during your YSU screening registration are Correct and accurate. Candidates who submit false claims automatically render their applications invalid while such claimants will be handed over to the appropriate authorities.